The digital economy is data-driven. As more data is being collected, stored and exchanged electronically, not only do new types of business arise, but so do new risks and responsibilities, including data protection.
Digital transformation requires general counsel to be on guard against possible violations of the regulatory framework which may result in reputational damage and huge fines.
As part of a multidisciplinary legal team comprising of specialists from various complementary disciplines including employment, financial services, regulatory, our lawyers are able to address complex data protection needs. Moreover, they work alongside professionals from other EY business lines, especially with IT experts in Business Advisory, to offer integrated and comprehensive advice on digital matters.
Our services include:
- Due diligence and risk assessments to determine the level of compliance with the legal framework by the data controllers or by the third party services providers
- Designing, drafting, reviewing and updating privacy policies and procedures
- Assistance in the process of appointing an internal Data Protection Officer (e.g., identifying the position of the DPO in the organigramme, tasks)
- Data protection training for the key personnel in order to raise awareness and to underline the risks
- Assistance during investigations concerning compliance with data protection legal framework
- General advice on compliance with data protection laws and regulations